While conventional dentistry focuses on oral hygiene and preventing, identifying and dealing with dental condition, cosmetic dentistry concentrates on improving the look of an individual's teeth, mouth and smile. In other words restorative, general and/or family dental practices address dental troubles that need necessary treatment, whereas cosmetic dentistry supplies optional-- or desired-- treatments or services.
Cosmetic dentistry could likewise provide restorative advantages. For example, oral fillings are a common procedure used to treat decayed teeth. Formerly, most oral fillings were composed mainly of gold, amalgam and other materials that left noticeable dark areas on the teeth.
Today, dental fillings could fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry, since you can select fillings made of porcelain or composite materials that carefully match the color of your teeth, thus keeping the natural appearance of your teeth and smile. Lots of people could choose to have their older fillings changed with more recent, tooth-colored fillings to boost their dental look.
Trends in Cosmetic Dentistry in Vancouver BC
Technological advancements in natural-looking, tooth-colored dental products make today's cosmetic dental treatments more durable and predictable than in years past. Additionally, a Vancouver Dentist like Arbutus North Dental Centre and La Vita Dental Centre at their Kitsilano dental clinic will make use of more conservative cosmetic dentistry methods to protect as much of your natural tooth structure as possible, relying on your specific scientific situation.
As a highly trained cosmetic dentist in Vancouver BC Dr. Florence Lockhart may use such innovations as lasers in order to carry out some treatments necessary for cosmetic treatments in their own offices-- without the need for referrals to specialists. This makes cosmetic dental procedures such as smile makeovers more comfy and practical for clients, along with assists to lower recuperation time.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Vancouver Cosmetic Dentist Arbutus North Dental Centre is a great choice if you are looking for any of the following treatments:
- Porcelain Veneers:
- Composite or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the surface area of a tooth to remedy and repair chips and fractures will certainly improve a worn appearance or serious tooth staining. Veneers might likewise be suggested if you have gaps in your teeth or if you have actually not had success with teeth whitening. Assess porcelain veneers expense and identify whether dental insurance could balance out the expense.
- Dental Implants:
- Dental implants are synthetic tooth root replacements that are used as a part of prosthetic (artificial replacement) dentistry in order to compensate for tooth loss. Frequently the result is not just an improved smile, however likewise a more vibrant look, considering that missing out on teeth cause the face to collapse, making you look older.
- Composite Bonding:
- Chipped, broken, stained or decayed teeth could be fixed or have their look fixed utilizing a procedure called composite bonding. An oral composite product with the appearance of enamel and dentin is applied into the tooth cavity or onto the surface area of a tooth, where it is then shaped into shape, contoured and set with a high-intensity light. The result is a restoration that blends undetectably with the rest of the surrounding tooth structure and the rest of your natural teeth to produce a healthy, bright smile.
- Likewise called indirect fillings, inlays and onlays made from porcelain or composite products are a lasting yet cosmetic way to offer a "filling" to teeth with dental caries or comparable structural damage. Whereas oral fillings are formed into place within the mouth during an oral visit, inlays and onlays are produced in an oral lab before being fitted and adhesively bonded into place by your dental practitioner.
- Teeth Bleaching:
- Teeth whitening is maybe the most frequently advised cosmetic dentistry procedure. Pearly whites are typically stained from cigarette smoking, food, drink (coffee, tea or red wine) or bad dental hygiene. Whitening the teeth can enhance the look of your smile.
- Full mouth reconstruction:
- While talking to you about a smile makeover to mostly improve the esthetic appearance of your smile, your dental practitioner may find that there is a have to offer necessary treatment to remedy functional issues with your bite, muscles, teeth and bone structure. If you require full mouth reconstruction, the materials offered today make it possible for your dental expert to supply you with resilient, practical and clinically sound treatments that likewise look natural.
- Smile Transformation:
- Smile makeovers include an extensive evaluation of your smile esthetics in order to improve its overall appearance. Generally one or more cosmetic dentistry treatments, such as oral veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting, Invisalign invisible braces (Invisalign clear braces) and/or teeth whitening, will be needed for a number of teeth in both the upper and lower arches in order to accomplish the appearance you really want.
Cosmetic dentistry provides many choices for people who are miserable with their smile. If you are one of these people, we encourage you to schedule an appointment at a leading Vancouver Dental Clinic like Arbutus North Dental Centre or La Vita Dental Centre.