Pre-opening Town Hall "Caught in the Crossfire: A Conversation on Libraries and Communities in Distress"
- — Safiya U Noble PhD (@safiyanoble)Wed, Aug 10 2016 23:41:20
- — Sojourna Cunningham (@TheNotoriousSJC)Wed, Aug 10 2016 23:43:01
- — Sarah T. Roberts (@ubiquity75)Wed, Aug 10 2016 23:46:05
- — Sarah T. Roberts (@ubiquity75)Wed, Aug 10 2016 23:47:43
- — gayatri singh (@socaldesi)Wed, Aug 10 2016 23:48:32#NDLC16 learning from libraries in South Africa during apartheid. It was contested space, but still a space for everyone. - Shari Lee
- — athena jackson (@paging_Athena)Wed, Aug 10 2016 23:49:09#ndlc16 Shari Lee reminds us about the role our spaces play in empowering community voice in publibs, academiclibs, todo!
- — Sarah T. Roberts (@ubiquity75)Wed, Aug 10 2016 23:52:12Esp when many students come to MLIS programs wanting to "help" communities that they don't have connection to or skills to serve. #NDLC16
- — athena jackson (@paging_Athena)Thu, Aug 11 2016 00:01:07#NDLC16 great feedback from panelist--your allies can buttress the diversity that can be behind powerful change.
- — Safiya U Noble PhD (@safiyanoble)Thu, Aug 11 2016 00:03:39
- — Sojourna Cunningham (@TheNotoriousSJC)Thu, Aug 11 2016 00:03:47You don't always have to go in a direct manner. Circuitous routes can still get the work done. #NDLC16
- — Sarah T. Roberts (@ubiquity75)Thu, Aug 11 2016 00:04:06We all have to gauge own capacity for and exposure to risk. We also have to gauge and recognize - then use - our relative power. #NDLC16
National Diversity in Libraries Conference 2016
There were over 2500 tweets for NDLC. This Storify is LONG, but does not capture ALL the sessions. Visit http://ndlc.info/program for descriptions and look thorough the #NDLC16 tag on Twitter for more information.
byYasmeen Shorish1 Like132 Views