- Last day, for me, started with the Inkscape related talks. There were talks before that, but woke up late.
Tavmjong Bah talked about the coming features in 0.49. And he told me, in one to one conversation, that it could be released in 3 months.
After that, Xavi Manzanaresdid presented an "Imago sonification" performance where he uses inkscape as a tool to create live sounds. The drawing are interpreted by a Pure Data patch and turned into sound. Really interesting experiment regarding live music together with "veejaying".
- Last talk of LGM was an inspiring one by Manufactura Indepedente. Ana Isabel Carvalho and Ricardo Lafuente talked about font design, encouraging "release early, release often" practices and DIY type foundries. They should open their new type foundry today called "Oxshark fontworks" with brand new libre fonts. And I'm glad to know, we'll work together for the next two weeks at Interactivos?13.
- The LGM seems to always end up by a group discussion about the next one. This was also the chance to warmly applause Femke Snelting and Monica Cachafeiro, both of them ran this event with a professional, caring and open hand. Everything ran smoothly thanks to them and their supporting theam.
- In the afternoon, it seems everyone was going for a nap or chilling in the sun. Still you could hear discussions around free culture and future projects, but the whole scene was quieter and lots of people were saying goodbye.
The remaining pack was invited by Basurama for an improvised trash potluck after party. It was again, an interesting experience having to cross over half of Madrid to find their place. But it was worth it.
- Well, that's it. A first and an incredible LGM for me. This free culture crowd is my tribe. And this is our pow-wow.