- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 05:50:09That's not how discourse works. You can't accuse people of outlandish things and then use them laughing at you as evidence of wrongdoing.
- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 05:52:39"The Earth is flat. A lot of people have shown me evidence that this is true, but almost NO SCIENTISTS will debate it. Suspicious!"
- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 05:56:07This is the guy who posted that I should be fired, and I honestly don't think he understands why he said that, or what he thinks I've done.
- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 06:00:18The poor guy isn't starting a conversation, he's getting laughed out of the room, and rightly so. No wonder only Gators will talk to him.
- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 06:15:13When it turns out that attempts to smear other folks turn people against THEM? It all feels very unfair and wrong. It's confusing to them.
- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 06:29:56Using your platform to broadcast terrible charges against people, while demanding "both sides" spend time with you, goes WAY beyond entitled
- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 06:40:21When you're talking about outlets with literally millions of happy, returning readers, 2,000 people ranting and raving are a rounding error.
- — Ben Kuchera (@BenKuchera)Sun, Feb 22 2015 06:40:47And frankly, as I've said before, I perfectly content with them not reading my work. Go find an outlet you like and support them!
- As a bonus, here's Kern's reaction when it is asked that he explain exactly why he wants Kuchera fired:
- (Note that Kuchera works for Polygon, which is not associated with Gawker Media)
Ben Kuchera, on the topic of Mark Kern's petition
Mark Kern is a game developer and the author of a petition demanding that Kotaku and Polygon apologize, for some reason, for the "Gamergate" fiasco that has been going on for the last months. He has also demanded that several people be fired, including Ben Kuchera, senior editor for Polygon.
byXavier Glitch8 Likes5,860 Views