Augusta National Golf Club announced Monday it had invited former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and South Carolina financier Darla Moore to be its first women members.
- Many were happy with the decision, saying it was about time the club admitted women.
- Some questioned Augusta National's motives for admitting women now.
- Other users said they simply didn't care about the actions of a private club.
- A few people expressed reservations about the impact of admitting women.
- Some readers expressed acceptance for, and in some cases preferred, same-gender golf clubs.