- — @sweden / Sonja (@sweden)Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:41:55Whats the fuzz with jews. You can't even see if a person is a jew, unless you see their penises, and even if you do, you can't be sure!?
- — @sweden / Sonja (@sweden)Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:43:39In nazi German they even had to sew stars on their sleeves. If they didn't, they could never now who was a jew and who was not a jew.
- — @sweden / Sonja (@sweden)Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:46:24Once I asked a co-worker what a jew is. He was "part jew", whatever that means. He's like "uuuuh… jews are.. uh.. well educated..?"
- Followers of the @Sweden account almost immediately responded to Sonja's tweets.
- — Fiza Isa (@FizaIsa)Tue, Jun 12 2012 13:24:29Dear @sweden I know u mean well.But it's always better that we present our words appropriately so as not to blur e meaning of our intentions
- Sonja appeared to realize she had waded into a sensitive area.
- — @sweden / Sonja (@sweden)Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:59:38Im sorry if some of you find the question offensive. Thats was not my purpose. I just don't get why some people hates jews so much.
- — @sweden / Sonja (@sweden)Tue, Jun 12 2012 13:04:06I thought it was a good idea to ask the question when so many well educated people all over the world can answer. But no. Bad idea.
- These tweets were not the only ones Sonja shared from the @Sweden account that followers found offensive. A few hours earlier, she uploaded a photo-shopped image of what appears to be Freddy Mercury, deceased lead singer of Queen, with the caption, "hungry gay with aids."
@Sweden's Official Twitter Account Sparks Controversy
The citizen-fueled Twitter account tests limits of public discourse online after @Sweden is used to tweet remarks about Jewish and gay people.
byWall Street Journal19,344 Views