- Several readers shared their memories of learning how to drive at the wheel of a Datsun.
- — Richard Vaughan (@DifferentPlace)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:47:15
- — Anne Milne (@AnneEMilne)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:51:13@WSJ I learned to drive in a bright orange Datsun and have many fond memories of driving about with as many friends as would fit in!
- — Brewmaster (@barleywolf)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:56:57@WSJ my favorite Datsun memory? She was my first car. Datsun B210. She had that look. I remember everything, even the dashboard. Good times.
- — Lisa Ohmstede (@lisaohmstede)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:51:28@WSJ Back in late 80s I was surprised with a 1972 Datsun 510 for my 16th bday. Loved the little red st wagon - could fit 10+ friends!
- The Dastsun evoked memories of road trips, car pools and other family memories.
- — Trinna Leong (@trinnaleong)Fri, Mar 02 2012 19:39:56When I was 4, my dad played The Beatles hits in the Datsun with the whole family while on the way to get dinner from Pizza Hut. #wsj
- — HARRISON WOOD (@HARRISONFWOOD)Fri, Mar 02 2012 19:22:05@WSJ seeing the very 1st Star Wars on opening night at the drive in movies in my parents brand new 1977 Datsun B210 hatchback!!!
- — H Croom II (@HHCOscarWinner)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:57:26My dad had a Datsun/Nissan Maxima that talked back n the early 80's "DOOR...IS AJAR" "FUEL...IS LOW" "KEY...IS IN THE IGNITION" #WSJ
- — Billie Hollandaise (@iamdrjennifer)Fri, Mar 02 2012 19:04:12
- — Carly_Keeny (@Carly_Keeny)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:55:19
- — Tosh (@ToshChandy)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:50:20
- The word "Datsun" took several readers back to their high school and college days.
- — Todd Stephenson (@treemantodd)Fri, Mar 02 2012 18:52:02@WSJ My first car was a Datsun B-110. It was as slow as a skateboard but it got MPG. Almost every high school memory i have was made in it.
- — Kieren van den Blink (@kiefpief)Fri, Mar 02 2012 19:08:21
- — drobryan (@dantheirishman)Fri, Mar 02 2012 19:01:35@WSJ The 1st time my parent let me take the Datsun B210 station wagon out on a Fri. night w/ friends. We also had a 79 280ZX. We were cool!
Nissan Motor Co. is considering reviving its iconic Datsun brand. We asked readers to share their favorite Datsun memories with us. Share more on Twitter, using the tag #WSJ, on Facebook, at facebook.com/wsj, or in the comments section of this post.
byWall Street Journal3,606 Views