- — Women's Media Center (@womensmediacntr)Wed, Apr 24 2013 13:30:40Why is a female executive editor's "brusqueness" a bigger problem than a male managing editor punching office walls? http://politi.co/YMSwgU
- — Rebecca Traister (@rtraister)Wed, Apr 24 2013 03:31:45Count me among those stunned to learn that the boss of the NY Times can be "brusque" & speaks bluntly to her staff about doing a better job.
- — Casey McDermott (@caseymcdermott)Wed, Apr 24 2013 01:29:00Not entirely inclined to buy into the Miranda Priestly-esque caricature of Jill Abramson here: http://politi.co/10y23Pv
- — Colleen Murrell (@ivorytowerjourn)Wed, Apr 24 2013 01:41:48Is Jill Abramson a difficult character or do ppl not like a tough woman editor at @nytimes ? http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/new-york-times-turbulence-90544.html#.UXc3mh30Rtg.twitter …3/04/…politicoLITICO
- — Jamison Foser (@jamisonfoser)Wed, Apr 24 2013 01:54:24Neat how @DylanByers manages to include 2 Dean Baquet wall-punchings in attack on Jill Abramson’s “temperament” w/out examining Q of sexism.
- — Jeremy Littau (@JeremyLittau)Wed, Apr 24 2013 02:37:55Why is Baquet portrayed as victim after throwing a temper tantrum while in same breath Abramson is accused of doing same? Sexist framing.
- — Lauren Rabaino (@laurenrabaino)Wed, Apr 24 2013 01:55:24I wonder how the language in this story (and sentiment in the newsroom) would be different if Abramson was a man: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/new-york-times-turbulence-90544.html?hp=t1_3 …3/04/…
- — Marlow Stern (@MarlowNYC)Wed, Apr 24 2013 09:54:09
- — yung dilettante (@rawiya)Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:48:08god this politico story on jill abramson is like one step away from asking whether she's pmsing http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/new-york-times-turbulence-90544.html …3/04/…
- — Rachel Schallom (@rschallom)Wed, Apr 24 2013 02:48:11Some of the turbulence at the NYT is likely valid, but would Jill Abramson get this much criticism if she was a man? http://politi.co/14NRyZP
- — Colleen N Hickman (@ColleenHickman)Wed, Apr 24 2013 06:24:04
- — emily bell (@emilybell)Wed, Apr 24 2013 01:56:54What is most puzzling about Jill Abramson piece is that there are no examples of terrible editorial decisions .... unless I missed them
- — Lisa McIntire (@LisaMcIntire)Wed, Apr 24 2013 02:17:44I struggle to find any specific behavior of Abramson's that is critiqued here other than the tone of her voice: http://politi.co/13ZqsOS
- — Lisa Biagiotti (@lisabiagiotti)Wed, Apr 24 2013 13:07:07@emilybell Curious, are we dating @JillAbramson? Offended by main reqs of @nytimes ExecEd = nice, caring, charismatic http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/new-york-times-turbulence-90544.html …3/04/…
- — Lisa McIntire (@LisaMcIntire)Wed, Apr 24 2013 02:25:15"Jill Abramson is IMPOSSIBLE, guys. Sometimes she opens her mouth and says things and makes decisions. WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS???"
- — Meg Heckman (@meg_heckman)Wed, Apr 24 2013 02:04:04This Politico story on Jill Abramson is odd, especially if you imagine the same piece written about a man. http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/new-york-times-turbulence-90544.html …3/04/…
- — RD Morgan (@rd_morgan)Wed, Apr 24 2013 02:38:44
- — Cynthia (@crkmccabe)Wed, Apr 24 2013 03:07:54Guys, female editors are bitches when they do the same thing as men and @politico is ON IT! Turbulence at the Times http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/new-york-times-turbulence-90544.html#.UXdKyogFEvI.twitter …3/04/…
- — Matthew Tracy (@MXTracy66)Wed, Apr 24 2013 03:07:22@stefanjbecket With hatchet jobs on Christine Quinn/Abramson and sorority girl, how many columns on women in the workplace/media treatment?
Politico: NYT Boss Lady Too Bossy
Politico's Dylan Byers writes an unsourced hatchet job about New York Times Executive Editor Jill Abramson's scandalous lack of warm-fuzziness; Twitter media watchers see it for what it is.
byWomen's Media Center5,302 Views