- July 6, 2011: President Obama hosts the first ever Twitter Town Hall at the White House.
- The Twitter Town Hall also marks the first ever White House Tweetup, a chance for White House followers to attend in-person events and meet with White House officials.
- October 19, 2011: First Lady Michelle Obama sends her first tweet from @JoiningForces, calling on Americans to show their support military families, before Game One of the World Series in St. Louis.
- January 2012: Following the State of the Union Address, the White House hosts a Twitter Office Hours marathon with more than 30 administration officials answering questions from people around the country. The State of the Union Twitter Q&A series marks Vice President Biden's first Twitter interview.
- June 2012: Young people all over the country use the hashtag #DontDoubleMyRate and make their voices heard to prevent interest rates on student loans from doubling.
August 4, 2012: @WhiteHouse reaches 3,000,000 followers!