Obama begins press conference:
- — Chuck Todd (@chucktodd)Wed, Jun 29 2011 15:43:03Interesting opening statement from POTUS focusing on Congress. Phrase "pending before Congress right now" uttered multiple Xs already
On Congress achieving debt-ceiling compromise:
- — T.J. Ortenzi (@tjortenzi)Wed, Jun 29 2011 16:37:44"Malia and Sasha generally finish their homework ahead of time. They don't wait until the night before. They're not pulling all nighters."
- On same-sex marriage:
- — Kerry Eleveld (@kerryeleveld)Wed, Jun 29 2011 16:21:38Just to be clear, Obama stopped short of evolving & repeated that #marriageequlaity debates should take place in the states
- On Libya and congressional approval:
- — Scott Wilson (@PostScottWilson)Wed, Jun 29 2011 15:57:58POTUS filibustering a set of interesting @chucktodd questions. Usually likes to put on his "constitutional law professor hat."
- Obama on debt-ceiling deadline:
Obama's debt-ceiling press conference
President Obama called on Congress Wednesday to reach a deal on debt ceiling negotiations. Obama argued that tax increases on the wealthiest are needed. He fielded questions from reporters about operations in Libya, gay marriage, and what will happen if a debt ceiling deal isn't in place by August 2.
byThe Washington Post229 Views