- The day before the event, War on Want and Brick Lane debates went to Sommerset House, as London Fashion Week was starting, to see what was on everyone's mind.
- The afternoon kicked off with a showing of Dirty White Gold a documentary that unpicks the fashion supply chain and finds out why 300000 indian farmers have committed suicide to get out of debt. This was followed by a Q&A with the director Leah Borromeo & TRAID
- TRAID ran a denim repair workshop alongside the discussions.
- And there was another #craftivism workshop with Barley Massey of Fabrications.
- The amazing rapper and poet Potent Whisper kicked off after lunch with his poem about the fashion industry.
- You can hear the poem in the following clip.
- There was then a discussion on the living wage, fashion and feminism with Ama Josephine Budge, Hysteria; Owen Espley, War on Want; & Ilona Kelly, Labour Behind the Label.
Has Capitalism Killed Fashion?
Saturday 21 February @Cafe1001 A day of workshops, debates, films, spoken word, DIY & craftivism, speed debating, & theatre around the question 'Has Capitalism Killed Fashion?'
byWar on Want275 Views