- Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association Wayne LaPierre's repeated criticism of the media was a focus of many tweets, including several from members of the media.
- — Elliott Suthers (@elliott83)Fri, Dec 21 2012 16:47:50So the #NRA blames the media, video games, natural disasters, movies, foreign aid and politics instead of readily available assault weapons?
- — Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan)Fri, Dec 21 2012 16:30:42This is your moment, America: The #NRA has 4 million members, your population is 311 million. Don't stand for this murderous crap any more.
- — Gabriella Hoffman (@Gabby_Hoffman)Fri, Dec 21 2012 16:39:35
- — David Corn (@DavidCornDC)Fri, Dec 21 2012 16:27:43Reporters should walk out of this press conference right now, if he's not taking questions. Otherwise, its just a propaganda event. #Newtown
- The press conference was interrupted by two protesters, who stood up and unfurled banners at different times. They were escorted out, but cameras and microphones followed them out of the room.
- The NRA announced a task force to look at providing a protective security plan for schools in the United States.
- — Natalie Stewart (@NatalieLStewart)Fri, Dec 21 2012 17:18:47National Rifle Association Argues For More Guns In Response To Sandy Hook Massacre http://www.buzzfeed.com/rebeccaberg/national-rifle-association-argues-for-more-guns-in …com/rebeccaberg/national-rifle-association-argues-for-more-guns-in
- The NRA press conference started about 90 minutes after a nation-wide moment of silence across the United States for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting. The moment of silence was held at 9:30 in the morning - the same time the shootings took place.
NRA Press Conference Draws Intense Reaction
The National Rifle Association gave its first press conference since the massacre at Sandy Hook elementary school on Friday. The media event sparked massive reaction on social media, as people heard what the nation's largest gun lobby group said about the shooting.
byVOA Voice of America1 Like8,166 Views