- Many Americans get very defensive when the topic of global warming is brought up. It is a topic filled with major contreversey although there is an extreme amount of scientific evidence almost proving that it is real. No matter how much global warming is proposed to be real, people still argue that it is a scam.
- According to NASA, the global average surface temperature rose 0.1 to 1.6 degrees Farenheit between 1906 and 2005. The rate of temperature increase has doubled in the past 50 years, and are certain to go up further over time. Some of the main factors causing global warming is human activies such as burning fossil fuels, deforestation, and industrialization.
- While some people are smart and are aware of the scientific research that has been published, others just assume climate change is the Earth just doing its own thing. But, the Earth is not doing this on its own. Climate change is occurring from the carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases that are polluting the Earth's atmosphere which is produced mostly by humans.
America in Trouble
- So, while there is intense research and rising numbers supporting the overrall climate change that has been going on, it is NOW in this generation that we see global warming at its all time high. But, this generation does not seem to agree with the facts. Ironic enough, our new president of the United States, Mr. Donald Trump is now the face of America. It does not help that Trump's scientific views do not match up with NASA.
- Donald trump claims it is a "hoax" and does not see it affecting our environment at all. Mr. Trump argues that it is a scientific scam that is just trying to get more money out of the American people.
- Trump even came up with his own theory of global warming and it was not caused by harmful gases. Something he sees even more threatening to our country....
- Americans were known to be skeptics even before Trump was in the picture, but now we have the skeptic himself leading them into the wrong direction.
- Charts show that America is the leading country with the highest carbon emissions per capita, but it is also the least concerned country about its high effecting cause of climate change. It is terrifying that our own country is contributing the most to this harmful climate change and we are the last ones to do something to help the situation.
- Some people argue that global warming is occurring but will not affect any of us on this planet until later on. Some argue it is affecting us now but there is nothing to prevent it. The reality of it all, is that global warming is real and will affect us on this planet we call home. Weather it affects all of us tomorrow or a 100 years from tomorrow, it is today that we take part in making a change. We should help now so our kids, our grandkids, or even our great grandkids get to live on this beautiful planet. It starts now, with us, this generation to take part in raising awareness to help keep Mother Earth beautiful.