- — vickytnz (@vickytnz)Wed, Oct 05 2011 17:07:07Sitting in on Paul Rodgers' and Alex Mlton's talk on their newly released book Product Design http://www.amazon.co.uk/Product-Design-Portfolio-Paul-Rodgers/dp/1856697517 …
- The book has been a labour of love: released only now, it was started back in 2007, and the current version only includes about half of the written material (something the authors suggest from experience: know your word limit and don't write over it!)
- — vickytnz (@vickytnz)Wed, Oct 05 2011 17:38:24The issue of working w/ Starkitects — concerned about what they say. Emerging designers more likely to be candid rather than give PR release
- Milton and Rogers attempted to talk to up and coming designers, not only for originality, but for their candour compared to those more established in the field.
- — vickytnz (@vickytnz)Wed, Oct 05 2011 17:29:45"we're trying to show designers that, rather than getting your work on Dezeen or Designboom, you might want to provide value" — Alex Milton
Product Design in the 21st Century: Alex Milton and Paul Rodgers
Alex Milton and Paul Rodgers, authors of the newly released Product Design in the 21st Century, talked about their motivations behind the book, and how translating the book into American proved more time consuming than Italian.
byVicky Teinaki502 Views