- Paper Presentation III: Metaphors, Agency and Semantics.
- The Role of Designer Expertise in Source Selection During Product Metaphor Generation: Nazli Cila, Paul Hekkert, Valentijn VischNazli Cila of TuE presented her current doctoral work on product metaphors.
- The Philips Senseo is one example of metaphor: the target (coffee machine), references (source) a bowing butler.
- Design and Iconicity: Design Materiality, and the Meaning of Things Jorn Guldberg
Guldberg faced every traveller's nighmare—his laptop was stolen at the airport—and he bravely put together a new presentation in the last 24 hours.
- Embracing Relational Agency in Design Process by A. Baki Kocaballi, Petra Gemeinboeck, Rob Saunders, Lian Loke, Andy Dong