- Photos came in from Northern Ireland, including waves which made the Giant's Causeway look tiny!
- The Game of Thrones filming location of Ballintoy harbour was engulfed:
- At the northwest corner of Ireland, in county Donegal, sea foam was going mad!
- And the waves followed suit:
- Meanwhile, down the west coast of Ireland the sea spray nearly obscured Doonagore Castle in Co Clare from view, & in co. Sligo author & illustrator Annie West put across the true meaning of the weather/waves chart-- simple & brilliant!
- We're still experiencing the storm, so I'll add photos as I come across them. Stay safe & stay away from the coasts! xx
A Weather Bomb hits Ireland!
On 10 December 2014 a strong storm, termed a 'weather bomb due to the deep drop in pressure, hit Ireland's West & North coast, producing dramatic waves & high winds. Here are some of the photos:
byVibrant Ireland494 Views