Argumentative essay about fashion
A. First point and supporting info
B. Second point and supporting info
C. Third point and supporting info
The objective of a persuasive essay is to "win" the reader over to your side of an argument, while the primary objective of an argumentative essay is just to show that you have a valid argument, allowing the reader either to adopt your position or to "agree to disagree".
Another difference between the two types of essay is that in the persuasive essay, although you acknowledge the opposing view, only one side of the issue is debated. https://www.pinterest.com/powerpoint_templates/company-profile-template-powerpoint/ … An important part of the argumentative essay is to use evidence both to substantiate one's own position and to refute the opposing argument.
The final difference between the argumentative essay and the argument (persuasive) essay is the organization of the composition. The persuasive essay follows the basic essay format as displayed in the example.
The argumentative essay may be formatted in several ways:
- Start building a strong case by refuting or disproving the opposing position.
- Use one paragraph to state each counter point, following your statement with related evidence that refutes the point.
- Present your case in the second section of the body.
- Use one paragraph to state each of your points, following your statement with the evidence that proves or supports your point.
- The conclusion of this format is a restatement of your claim and a summary of the information that supports it.
A. First counter point and refuting information
B. Second counter point and refuting information
C. Third counter point and refuting information
III Body Part II
A. First point and supporting information
B. Second point and supporting information
C. Third point and supporting information