- Brown v Board of Education National Historic Site - Topeka, Kansas
- Secretary Arne Duncan and National Education Association (NEA) President Dennis Van Roekel visited the Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site to honor the legacy of hope and courage represented by the U.S. Supreme Court case that ended legal segregation in the nation’s public schools.
- — Washburn Law (@washburnlaw)Tue, Sep 18 2012 14:40:59A group of our students are attending a special event today at the Brown v. Board historic site with U.S. Sec'y of Education Arne Duncan!
- — waynedorio (@waynedorio)Tue, Sep 18 2012 13:46:55Beautiful morning in Kansas. Looking forward to joining Arne Duncan's back-to-school tour today. Expect bountiful live tweeting. #edtech
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Tue, Sep 18 2012 18:31:39
- National Teacher Hall of Fame at Emporia State University - Emporia, Kansas
- Secretary Duncan joined NEA President Dennis Van Roekel for a tour of the National Teacher Hall of Fame, and then held a discussion with students, prospective teachers and community members at Emporia State University.
- — Aubrey Henneke (@aubreyhenneke)Tue, Sep 18 2012 20:11:25
- — michelle coley (@Michelle_Coley)Tue, Sep 18 2012 21:21:41@arneduncan thank you so much for coming to speak at ESU. As a future teacher, you had some words of wisdom to take to heart.
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Tue, Sep 18 2012 20:57:41
- Kansas City
Back-to-School Bus Tour - Day Five
The “Education Drives America” Back-to-School Bus Tour takes Secretary Arne Duncan and senior ED staff coast-to-coast. Day five included stops in Topeka and Emporia, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri. Visit ed.gov/bustour to keep up to date.
byU.S. Department of Education228 Views