- — erica_stevens (@erica_stevens)Tue, Jul 12 2011 16:24:20@USATODAYcollege G+ is an answer to the prayers of anti-farmville/advertisement advocates and social media geeks everywhere.
- — Michael_Shaw (@Michael_Shaw)Tue, Jul 12 2011 16:21:27@USATODAYcollege video chats (hangouts) are way better than just IMing! Sharing can be limited. Overall, not much difference.
- — ejyoung67 (@ejyoung67)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:51:13
- — michael_plis (@michael_plis)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:48:24@USATODAYcollege it gives you control of your own data. FB hoards your info - try exporting your data from FB or deleting your FB account.
- — melmoraes (@melmoraes)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:35:22@USATODAYcollege I like that G+ is easier to filter who sees your posts, etc... I often post goofy videos that my bosses don't need to see!
- — voastudentu (@voastudentu)Tue, Jul 12 2011 15:00:02@usatodaycollege I'm starting to be. I don't think it replaces Facebook, but it could serve the networking type functions that Twitter does
- — sjiwamiya (@sjiwamiya)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:35:58@USATODAYcollege I was just at a program that said that google+ lets you post to different circles of groups, like the old facebook used to
- — CassieYoung22 (@CassieYoung22)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:39:43@USATODAYcollege Google+ cleverly combines Facebook concept w/ Twitter "lists" (G+ "circles"). Choose who you want to update/be updated by.
- — alderdice (@alderdice)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:40:57@usatodaycollege Greater ease in curating our connections and sharing with those smaller groups. Not everyone is a friend or follower.
- — tommylyga (@tommylyga)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:43:33@USATODAYcollege G+ doesnt allow you to write on a persons "wall" for the public to see, maybe um just dumb! its an email/social hybrid
- — jeremiahazurin (@jeremiahazurin)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:45:38G+ doesn't have ads “@USATODAYcollege: So...what does Google+ give us that Facebook doesn't? Any G+ advocates out there?”
- — KaitSawyer (@KaitSawyer)Tue, Jul 12 2011 14:47:10
What does Google+ offer that Facebook doesn't?
Our amazing followers offer their take on Google's latest social networking platform. Great answers and thoughts.
byUSA TODAY College883 Views