- For Foodies
- Chilli Festival is taking place on 12th August outside Chester’s Town Hall Square. You can take part in the Clash of the Titans chilli eating competition or sample chilli-based sauces, jam, pastes, pickles, cheese, dips and even chilli chocolate from more than 20 of the country’s top producers.
- Taste Cheshire Farmers Market will take place on 15th July, 19th August, 16th September and 21st October between 9:30 am to 4:30 pm outside Chester Town Hall where more than 30 great Cheshire based companies offer the best local produce and foodies can sample all the glorious food.
- The annual Nantwich Food Festival celebrates all that is wonderful about food. The festival attracts over 40,000 visitors every year making it one of the UK’s biggest free to enter food festivals. Come and treat your taste buds to food from all over the world as well as local produce. What’s more visitors can enjoy the live entertainment and activities on site.
- Timetable : 1st September 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
2nd September 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
3rd September 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- For Creatives
- Come and join Chester’s First River Carnival at The Groves on 23rd July between 11:00 am – 7:00 pm and enjoy Street Food, Drinks, Kids activities, Arts and Crafts stalls and Live Music.
- For Culture Vultures
- For some cultural experience and inspiration, visitors can head to the new £37m arts and culture centre Storyhouse. It houses an 800 seat proscenium space, 500 seat festival stage, a 150-seat studio and cinema and Chester library.
- As part of the Chester Heritage Festival, take part in the tour of the Rows, Chester's world famous medieval shopping galleries with Liz Robertson 20th July at 11:30 am.
- For Thespians
- For Movie Lovers
- The open air cinema is back this summer in the beautiful Roman gardens from 4th July – 26th August. Chester’s Moonlight Flicks screens the latest to old time favourites welcoming over 9000 visitors every year.
- Chez Jules new cinema nights have got people talking. What better way to enjoy a movie then to be served the best culinary delights in a fantastic ambience. Every Thursday from 6th July - 21st September.