- A press release was issued on Thursday October 27, and athletes began to Tweet ahead of Tuesday's event:
- — Anne Dickins (@Anne200solo)Sun, Oct 30 2016 07:34:27
- — Elizabeth Simmonds (@LizzieSimmonds1)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:22:44
- — Robert Davies (@robbie_tt)Tue, Nov 01 2016 08:20:47
- The event itself kicked off with some athletes sharing their attendance on their channels.
- — Rachel Morris (@Rachel44Morris)Tue, Nov 01 2016 08:02:49
- — Lizzy Yarnold (@TheYarnold)Tue, Nov 01 2016 14:22:46
- Over 300 athletes attended the event at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry, and athletes, media and partners posting at it progressed.
- — Jo butterfield (@Jo_shuni)Tue, Nov 01 2016 11:59:07
- — Anne Dickins (@Anne200solo)Tue, Nov 01 2016 12:15:37Sage advice @AthleteFutures "The only certain thing in elite sport is that it will end so plan your future now as that will give security"
- After the morning session of speakers, panels and workshops , we moved on to a careers fair in the afternoon.
- There was a lot of reflection on social media after a day filled with opportunity and inspiration.
- — Georgia Davies (@Ge0rgiaDavies90)Tue, Nov 01 2016 20:34:05Great day at the @AthleteFutures event. Such a unique opportunity to find out about interesting companies and plan for life after sport🎓
- — Hannah Macleod (@hannahmacleod6)Wed, Nov 02 2016 08:56:28
Social Media Report on the first Athlete Futures event on Tuesday 1 November
byUK Sport1,713 Views