UC Santa Cruz Founders Weekend Stories
- UC Santa Cruz's hallmark 50th anniversary event was held 50 years to the day when the first students moved onto campus in 1965. The celebratory tent on the East Field was in the same spot where the first class gathered in makeshift dorms.
- Fiat Fifty: Pioneer faculty and staff look back on the early years of the campus.
- 2015 Foundation Medal honoree Alice Waters recognized UC Santa Cruz as "an institution that has nurtured me and is really close to my heart, an institution that still expresses so many of the values I cherish and I fight for every day."
Founders Celebration Highlights
- Highlights from the Founders Dinner on the East Field
- Photo slideshow (click through to Flickr album to download individual photos)
Media Coverage - Founders Weekend
Media Coverage - Preceding Founders Weekend
- Mark Bittman visited UC Santa Cruz's Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems earlier in the year. Bittman calls his visit to CASFS the "personal high point" of his sustainable agriculture and healthy eating video series for the Times.