- How things change. Rolling Stone is applauded for publishing a "lived experience" that Twitter is so eager to hear - and forcing changes that Twitter feminism so desires to see.
- Then it turns out the testimony was a little hard to believe. After a tiny bit of critical analysis, things don't quite add up - the allegations had perhaps one too many evil characters. Rolling Stone is now accused of abusing the woman by publishing the story without skepticism. People on Twitter, seemingly oblivious to their own hashtag asks, are even wondering why RS did not reach out to the accused fraternity members.
- Ah, skepticism. Does anyone remember what that was?
- — Graham (@Graham_Torino)Sun, Nov 23 2014 16:30:27I don't say this often, but kudos to mainstream media on doing it's job http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/uva-suspends-fraternities-following-rolling-stone-campus-rape-investigation-20141122 …
- — ceciliakang (@ceciliakang)Sun, Nov 23 2014 19:27:53Kudos @SabrinaRErdely for deeply reported UVA campus rape. Here's result: UVA Suspends Fraternities http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/uva-suspends-fraternities-following-rolling-stone-campus-rape-investigation-20141122 … via @RollingStone
- — Jason Boral (@jsboral)Mon, Nov 24 2014 15:31:37
- — Kathe Traynham (@KTraynham)Mon, Nov 24 2014 16:43:04
- — Don Woodlock (@Don_Woodlock)Mon, Nov 24 2014 17:11:29
- — Christopher Hayes (@chrislhayes)Fri, Dec 05 2014 20:01:55In case it needs to be said, *THIS* is why you contact the people you are accusing of gang rape, even under pseudonyms.
- — Helaine Olen (@helaineolen)Fri, Dec 05 2014 20:01:192 of 3. Either she was raped & now no one will believe her or she is deeply troubled and it will follow her around for life.
- — Christopher Hayes (@chrislhayes)Fri, Dec 05 2014 20:15:12Hasten to add, everyone should be applying skepticism to Phi Psi's own claims here and attempting to confirm those independently as well.
- — Christopher Hayes (@chrislhayes)Fri, Dec 05 2014 20:16:14Also, fuck you RS for trying to throw your source under the bus: this is on you, not her http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/a-note-to-our-readers-20141205 …
Kudos to Rolling Stone