Waterloo turns 60!
- In 2017, the University of Waterloo celebrates 60 years of innovation — an exciting milestone for all of us. Whether you are a student, alumnus, faculty, staff, donor, supporter or friend, you are an important part of our growing story.
- — Tova Davidson (@tovachats)Tue, Jan 10 2017 00:13:44
- A Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab research specialist and fellow at the Harvard Berkman Center, whose research examines the intersection of technology and society, was one of our keynotes at Beyond 60. Darling spoke about robotics, technology and education.
- — Robin Mazumder (@RobinMazumder)Tue, Jan 10 2017 01:58:09
- — Nancy Orr (@nancy_orr)Tue, Jan 10 2017 00:39:05Fascinating emotional connection between humans and robots. Do u name and nurture them?Thanks for the vision Kate Darling #UWaterloo60
To change the future, we must first understand the great challenges and opportunities ahead. The intersection of the human condition with new technologies — from quantum computing to artificial intelligence — has the world teetering on the brink of a wild new frontier, where the private can become public at the click of a button, and lines between person and machine are increasingly blurred.
byUniversity of Waterloo2 Likes1,431 Views