- Day One started with a focus on The Guardian and the shift in media consumption and the push back by consumers on advertising, which has led to a sharp rise in the use of a and analytics blockers. The use of which is impacting the revenues of certain media organisations.
- — Julio Romo (@twofourseven)Tue, Apr 12 2016 08:28:35But what is the engagement in video advertising, especially in YouTube vs. Facebook vs. Owned sites? #FTMedia https://twitter.com/DarrylSparey/status/719803711489449984 …
- — FT Press Office (@FTPressOffice)Tue, Apr 12 2016 08:34:08
- — TOM SHARMAN (@TOMSHARMANWEB)Tue, Apr 12 2016 08:46:31
- Video has become the format of choice not just for advertisers, but communicators and marketeers. But quality, context and relevance are key to securing engagement and buy-in to brands.
- — Julio Romo (@twofourseven)Tue, Apr 12 2016 08:48:02
- — Julio Romo (@twofourseven)Tue, Apr 12 2016 08:50:04… and in some cases the producers too!! #FTMedia https://twitter.com/kgeriksson/status/719809074464964609 …
- As well as video, chat and messaging apps are emerging from the innovation phase. Personalised engagement has the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships between brands and consumers.
- — Julio Romo (@twofourseven)Tue, Apr 12 2016 09:08:23Asked question about Ad and Analytic Blockers, Pemsel says usage numbers are horrific. Programatic needs to understand context! #FTMedia
- — Ben Fenton (@benfenton)Tue, Apr 12 2016 09:09:54David Pemsel says they're testing asking people to turn off adblockers and getting good results when they remind people of model #FTMedia
- As always, Claire Enders shared some impressive insight on media consumption and the channels used to find and consume content. Enders also focused on the value generated by the BBC against disruptions like Netflix.
- — Darryl Sparey (@DarrylSparey)Tue, Apr 12 2016 09:58:44
- — Julio Romo (@twofourseven)Tue, Apr 12 2016 10:36:58Channel 4’s David Abraham talks about creating content/formats for social networks that bring off-network audiences in. #FTMedia
Disruption For The Media
Last week the Financial Times held it's FT Digital Media 2016 (#FTMedia) conference in London. It brought together leaders of the media, communications and advertising world to discuss the forces that are reshaping the media and engagement business.
byJulio Romo292 Views