- — Toronto Star (@TorontoStar)Tue, Nov 20 2012 14:33:02
- Even John Gibbons didn't see this move coming. Star reporters Brendan Kennedy and Richard Griffin tweeted live from a press conference with Gibbons and Alex Anthopoulos on Tuesday.
- — Richard Griffin (@RGriffinStar)Tue, Nov 20 2012 14:28:43New managers usually are the polar opposite of man they replace. Gibbons handles bullpen and would have handled #jays clubhouse
- — Brendan Kennedy (@BKennedyStar)Tue, Nov 20 2012 14:41:21"Players love playing for him," AA says. "At the same time he will put his foot down." Calls Gibbons "perfect fit."
- — Brendan Kennedy (@BKennedyStar)Tue, Nov 20 2012 14:47:19Gibbons: "You look at what front office has done last few weeks, gets lot of attn ... this is serious now. Who wouldn't want to manage here?
- So, welcome back to the Rogers Centre, John? Fans have mixed opinions on the hire.
- — Scott MacIntosh (@scottmacnews957)Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:53:23
- Some negative.
- — Shawn Cayley (@ShawnCayley)Tue, Nov 20 2012 13:21:24
- And some positive.
John Gibbons hired: Blue Jays fans tweet mixed reviews
John Gibbons was the Jays' manager over five seasons from 2004 to 2008, and GM Alex Anthopoulos has now brought him back again as the Jays' "new" manager. Jays fans are taking the news in all sorts of ways. Here's a roundup.
byToronto Star5,795 Views