- — Cory Doctorow (@doctorow)Thu, Mar 28 2013 15:46:30There will come a day when ppl will feel shame at having called fellow humans illegal aliens. "No human being is illegal" -Simon Weisenthal
- — Tobias Buckell (@tobiasbuckell)Thu, Mar 28 2013 15:58:09@doctorow I have to admit as someone who grew up on boat and have a variety of documents, borders don’t make implicit sense to me
- — Tobias Buckell (@tobiasbuckell)Thu, Mar 28 2013 15:59:13@doctorow I have a vague allegiance to the western world, and have rights to Caribbean, US and European citizenship. Large swathe of world!
- — Cory Doctorow (@doctorow)Thu, Mar 28 2013 16:07:50@tobiasbuckell I think many underappreciate how simple "legal" migration was in the past. My g'parents/dad were displaced people...
- — Tobias Buckell (@tobiasbuckell)Thu, Mar 28 2013 16:05:06@doctorow I wonder how much political dysfunction would exist if people could voluntarily and rapidly emigrate as needed in world?
- — Parker Higgins (@xor)Thu, Mar 28 2013 16:15:10@fugueish @doctorow looks like "illegal immigrant" was first used in 1939 against fleeing Jews … by the British http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/05/opinion/garcia-illegal-immigrants …
byTobias Buckell262 Views