- — Richard Smith (@RichardWWSmith)Fri, Jun 07 2013 14:45:33
- — tipexxed (@tipexxed)Fri, Jun 07 2013 15:34:40
- — Charlie Harris FCIJ (@HotMetalHack)Fri, Jun 07 2013 09:36:54Readers will have to pay for news says former editor Keith Perch - Journalism News from... http://fb.me/EVPJHBmv
- — Joe Cooper (@joe_cooper)Fri, Jun 07 2013 09:39:44
- — Simon O'Neill (@SimonO19)Fri, Jun 07 2013 09:57:04Interesting from my old boss, who knows what he is talking about. Readers will have to pay for news http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2013/news/readers-will-have-to-pay-for-news-says-former-editor/ …tpage.ShareThis3/news/readers-will-have-to-pay-for-news-says-former-editor/ via @sharethis
- Below is an interesting exchange from readers in the Bristol area - they clearly think I'm wrong about charging for local news. They might be right ... I might be wrong. But I would like to hear from anybody who has evidence of a local news organisation paying for journalism through online ad sales.
- — Bristol24-7 (@bristol247)Fri, Jun 07 2013 10:05:06
- — Daniel J Webb (@DJWJourno)Fri, Jun 07 2013 10:24:25@bristol247 it's ridiculous. The local newspapers ran by national companies need help to make their online better. Print will die soon.
- — Daniel J Webb (@DJWJourno)Fri, Jun 07 2013 10:49:40@bristol247 For papers to charge for local news online. IF they do, someone will just come along and blow then out of water with free one.
Twitter response to HtFP article