- There was some incredulity over the scheduling.
- Some thought it was no contest.
- — Jay Cost (@JayCostTWS)Tue, Sep 04 2012 01:09:20Serious question: On Wednesday the Giants & Cowboys go up against Clinton & Elizabeth Warren; who is seriously going to watch the latter????
- — Matt Goldich (@MattGoldich)Wed, Sep 05 2012 14:48:58Tough call between watching Bill Clinton's speech and watching the Cowboys tonight if you're a fan of things that peaked in the 1990s.
- And some had dispassionate analysis:
- — Garrett Haake (@GarrettNBCNews)Wed, Sep 05 2012 12:25:35
- — Richard Guidice (@suspensewriter7)Wed, Sep 05 2012 21:00:09
- — Charles T. Joyner (@lemuellam)Wed, Sep 05 2012 19:58:23An NFL game will be better more honest entertainmnt then an insincere Bill Clinton trying to promote a POTUS he deeply hates & mistrusts.
- And others had genuine conflicted feelings -- and outright enthusiasm:
- — Melody (@prfekrdumbrella)Wed, Sep 05 2012 18:51:37Unfortunately I will likely have to listen to Clinton on the radio as my hubby is gonna want to watch the Cowboys play the Giants tonight.
Bill Clinton vs. Cowboys vs. Giants
Bill Clinton is set to speak at the Democratic National Convention around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday evening, but that conflicts with the first game of the NFL season, at 8:30, between the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants, bitter rivals. For some, this creates a TV dilemma: football or politics?