- — Trudy (@thetrudz)Mon, May 05 2014 20:16:45Passionate Present: Protecting Black Girlhood with @salamishah & bell hooks http://new.livestream.com/TheNewSchool/PassionatePresent … #bellkooksTNS (I'm live tweeting!)
- (The talk is labeled as "Passionate Present" but bell hooks said title should be "Passionate Presence")
- Here's a link to that particular talk mentioned above: Black Female Voices: Who is Listening (bell hooks & Melissa Harris-Perry)
- Someone in audience interrupted before the Q&A part and I didn't like what they had to say; very uncomfortable. I discussed it briefly w/ a mutual follow.
- — Hannah G. (@ethiopiennesays)Mon, May 05 2014 20:33:19@thetrudz you're right. i didn't like that comment at all and didn't realize what the exact force behind it was--thank you for naming
- Back to the talk...
Passionate Presence: Protecting Black Girlhood (bell hooks & Salamishah Tillet)
bell hooks and Salamishah Tillet had a good discussion at The New School on Black girlhood. They discussed sexual violence, abuse, parenting, education, media, media representation and intersectional politics. I live tweeted it.
byTrudy3 Likes792 Views