- The NUS was ready for a big turnout, judging by the number of placards ordered...
- The day started well, with dry weather and a strong early turnout.
- Protesters weren't only interested in raising student issues...
- A typo on the BBC's part - or some clever Photoshopping?
- A large police presence aimed to eliminate any chance of the chaos seen at the last national student demonstration, in 2010.
- Demonstrators hoping to take their protest to Parliament were blocked by mass ranks of police.
- Not every demonstrator was a supporter of the event's main organiser.
#demo2012 as it happened
Thousands of students - 10,000, according to the NUS - marched on London today in protest against the rising costs of further education. The demonstration ended with a rally in Kennington Park - where the stage was invaded by anti-NUS protestors.
byThe Student Room18 Views