- The NUS was ready for a big turnout, judging by the number of placards ordered...
- The day started well, with dry weather and a strong early turnout.
- Protesters weren't only interested in raising student issues...
- A typo on the BBC's part - or some clever Photoshopping?
- A large police presence aimed to eliminate any chance of the chaos seen at the last national student demonstration, in 2010.
- Demonstrators hoping to take their protest to Parliament were blocked by mass ranks of police.
- Not every demonstrator was a supporter of the event's main organiser.