- The Post and Courier's Brian Hicks wrote a column published Wednesday begrudging Columbia's ranking: "Next time you see friends from Columbia standing in line at Hyman's, be sure to congratulate them on this momentous occasion."UPDATE: He wrote a follow-up column published Friday.
- Maybe this was in response to Neil White's story in The State.
- Swift reactions, and it wasn't even 9 a.m.
- — erinshawstreet (@erinshawstreet)Wed, Aug 21 2013 13:11:31
- — Tyler Jones (@TylerMJones)Wed, Aug 21 2013 13:49:08"Next time u see friends from Columbia standing in line at Hymans, congratulate them on this momentous occasion." http://tinyurl.com/k7vmp6p
- — PhilBaileySC (@PhilBaileySC)Thu, Aug 22 2013 01:13:14
- — Thomas R. Higgs, II (@Tr2Higgs)Wed, Aug 21 2013 14:25:10
- — Rhodes Bailey (@RhodesBailey)Wed, Aug 21 2013 14:24:49@BriHicks_PandC Your obsession with putting down Columbia is pathetic. Also sad is that your identity revolves around your zipcode.
- — Melanie (@Melanie29147)Wed, Aug 21 2013 17:53:36@thestate I lived in Chas for 4yrs. 3yrs, 364days too long. Never in my life had I experienced such racial hostility. Only perk was beach.
- — Melanie (@Melanie29147)Wed, Aug 21 2013 17:56:26@thestate Italian roomie from NY laughed when told city hasn't been the same since the war. Speaker meant the Civil War. It was 1997.
- — Melanie (@Melanie29147)Wed, Aug 21 2013 18:03:44
- — Jeremy Turnage (@jaturnage)Wed, Aug 21 2013 23:02:43
- — Lane Goodwin (@lanegoodwin)Wed, Aug 21 2013 19:25:52
- — Tyler Gordon (@DangerGordon)Wed, Aug 21 2013 19:07:55We get it Charleston, you like it there. You think it's a great place. Enjoy your open air basket markets and stop hating on Columbia.
- — Shani Gilchrist (@ShaniRGilchrist)Wed, Aug 21 2013 18:12:05On the flip side of @postandcourier's silly, tactless rant is this piece that ran in @ChasCityPaper last year. http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/columbias-art-community-gives-charleston-a-run-for-its-money/Content?oid=4053119 …m/charleston/col…
- — Robert Rikard (@rgrikard)Wed, Aug 21 2013 14:18:51
- — Lee Snelgrove (@leesnelgrove)Wed, Aug 21 2013 13:49:41Charleston slaps us in the face just because. http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130821/PC16/130829940/1177/columbia-apparently-a-great-place-to-live-really …icCHSvsCola2013HSvsCola2013
Fightin' words: Columbia v. Charleston
Columbia's No. 5 ranking in a Great Place to Live poll by Kiplinger's has got a certain Charlestonian columnist a bit haughty
byThe State Newspaper2,125 Views