- In case you were wondering, yes: @anitranot and I are twins (I'm on the left)
- If you want to look at the slide deck,
- — ANU Research Skills (@ANU_RSAT)Thu, Jul 03 2014 07:25:51
- Making great presentations takes time!
- Why is design important for researchers?
- How many words should you use on a single slide?
- — Dr Inger Mewburn (@thesiswhisperer)Thu, Jul 03 2014 07:40:1570 words per slide? It’s a document says @anitranot, 50 words per slide is a ‘teleprompter’, little or no words, a visual aid
- Now to the hard stuff! What is figure and ground?
- Like the orange? There's a reason :-)
- — Dr Inger Mewburn (@thesiswhisperer)Thu, Jul 03 2014 07:44:38Avoid bright colours on white, but bright colours might work well as a background because it ‘fills in negative space’ says @anitranot
- Advice for those having to use institutional slide deck templates:
- — Dr Inger Mewburn (@thesiswhisperer)Thu, Jul 03 2014 07:45:20If you have to use a logo or busy background, make it act solid says @anitranot - dial back the contrast or pump up your size.
- Sage advice!
- Here's what happen when you don't...
- — Dr Inger Mewburn (@thesiswhisperer)Thu, Jul 03 2014 07:50:38
Making effective presentations
My twin sister @anitranot came to ANU to sprinkle her graphic design fairy dust amongst our PhD students - here's what happened :-)
byDr Inger Mewburn2 Likes572 Views