- If you are trying to get the authority of your local business enhanced online, you can get help from Yelp. Good ranking of your website in Yelp gives the users a signal that your website is the appropriate option to consider for the type of product or service you offer. Thus, it would serve as a good Indianapolis SEO prospect.
- Nevertheless, Yelp is not that less complicated as it looks.Just like Google, the moderation of Yelp reviews is done on tough parameters which may sound unfair sometimes, despite the fact that everything in it happens for a reason. It’s just the simplicity of the platform at the surface that keep the inside factors hidden.
- There are a few things that you can take into consideration in order to get the most out of your business page on Yelp.
- Display of Yelp’s rating
One of the major differences between Yelp and Google is that the Yelp shows ratings rounded up for half stars, while Google doesn’t. Google shows accurate ratings such as 4.1, 4.2 and so on. On the other hand, Yelp shows either 4.0 or 4.5. Because of this, you will not be able to figure outwith the first look whether the 4.0 rating you have is actually 4.1 or 3.9. Hence,you will not be able to get clear indication that whether the rating is on the upward trend or it is decreasing.
- A great help that you can get in this regard isto use the Yelp Improvement Calculator. This tool will help you to know about your current rating and it will also tell you about things that you can do to improve your ratings.
- The review removal
Good news for you here is that the Yelp reviews are moderated or controlled using very tough parameters. Hence, it’s a great convenience to deal with the reviews that you deem intimidating. You will just have to keep in mind the certain guidelines you can take help from if you want any of the review removed. Using these guidelines, you can flag any negative review and get it removed.
- The filtered reviewer issue
The filtered users are actually the unimportant reviewers who don’t usually log into Yelp. Once they get filtered, the reviews they would leave on the business pages would also be filtered. In this case, you practically lose a good review if it is entered by the user who is now filtered out. Here is what you can do tackle with this issue:
- “If you can identify the customer who left a positive review in the filter, you can reach out to them and let them know their great review is being hidden because they aren’t active on Yelp.Additionally, you (and other employees) can add them as a friend and mark their reviews as useful and cool.”