- Many people were waiting for the jabs to fly, sensing the opportunity.
- — Tom Harrington (@cbctom)Fri, Jun 22 2012 19:11:09There is a Euro Crisis metaphor for this Germany vs Greece match at #Euro2012. Germany's in complete control right now & Greece is powerless
- The opportunity was certainly grasped.
- — Gerard Lyons (@DrGerardLyons)Fri, Jun 22 2012 19:40:37Greece football team is a bit like the Greek economy. Needs to rely on handouts from Germany or complete change in tactics to get anywhere.
- Once the game was under way, the play provided more fodder ...
- ... Especially when Germany scored.
- Germany was up by 1 at halftime.
- — Tom Harrington (@cbctom)Fri, Jun 22 2012 19:45:17
- But Greece was able to even out when the game resumed.
- For a few minutes, anyway.
- — Chris Berube (@ChrisBerube)Fri, Jun 22 2012 20:28:06Germany is beating Greece at soccer. The weird part is, Germany keeps telling Greece how they should be playing, and they aren't listening.
- There was some sympathy for Greece, too.
Greece v. Germany Euro 2012 match
Chirping is a sacred tradition in the sports world. During Friday's Euro 2012 match between Greece and Germany, the digs and barbs turned political as spectators poked fun at the current political and economic climate in the troubled euro zone.
byThe Globe and Mail3,407 Views