- "In addition to the excitement of being a new graduate, Cooper is now newly engaged to School of Communication graduate Sam Miller. He proposed on stage in front of family and classmates." – American University
- — American University (@AmericanU)Sun, May 13 2012 14:53:00
- — Nakeesha Ceran (@njc89)Sun, May 13 2012 14:55:16
- — Kandace (@UrCRAVINGKandy_)Sun, May 13 2012 14:57:47I'm at the #2012AUGrad and this guy just proposed to one of the undergrads!!!!!! And she said yes!!! It was so cute!!!!! :-)
- — Ian (Citrus) (@Ian_CON)Sun, May 13 2012 14:58:42#2012AUGrad just engaged on stage and stole everyone's thunder. In this economy you gotta swoop up a mate with good career prospects fast.
- — Grace Soriano (@graciesoriano)Sun, May 13 2012 15:04:17Girl gets job offer on stage at yesterday's grad, another girl gets engaged at today's grad...#2012AUGrad: making me feel painfully average.
- Then the video went viral and the story garnered national media attention!
- — The Washington Post (@washingtonpost)Mon, May 14 2012 19:33:29They met during orientation. She earned her degree yesterday and he was on bended knee, waiting on stage: http://wapo.st/L3xDMH H
- Oh, and we got the front page story on Storify. That's pretty cool, too. Thanks, Storify!
Surprise Marriage Proposal at American University Commencement
"As American University School of Public Affairs graduates walked across the stage to accept their diplomas, graduate Sarah Cooper got the surprise of a lifetime." – American University
byThe Eagle1 Like1,000 Views