- The news first broke around 1:00pm ET. The NOH8 campaign was one of the first to break the news.
- News organizations quickly followed.
- YouTube video blogger Tyler Oakley was on the scene to capture this photograph outside the courthouse at the moment the news was announced.
- Instagram user Chris Stevenson was there too.
- California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom tweeted the victory.
- Other groups and notable individuals quickly chimed in, including Lt. Dan Choi, blogger Perez Hilton, Olivia Wilde, and 'Modern Family' star Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
- — adammshankman (@)Tue, Feb 07 2012 18:30:30Courts just AGAIN declared Prop 8 unconstitutional...CUZ IT IS!!! Supreme court, here we come! Equality...is our birthright! Its about time!
- A few nonprofit groups dedicated to the cause joined them.
Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional
Twitter lights up in celebration as Proposition 8 is ruled unconstitutional by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. With help from @Topsy, we picked the best of the best.
byThe Daily Beast2 Likes24,215 Views