- Learn more about the Personalized Medicine Initiative: http://personalizedmedicineinitiative.ca …
- — Diane Finegood (@DTFinegood)Mon, Jun 27 2016 16:19:34John Matheson: connectivity between electronic patient record and personal health record is essential #HealthSummit16
- Martin Dawes, co-Founder of the PMI, demonstrated the TreatGX app (a clinical decision support tool) that he says must get into the hands of patients and their doctors. In a pilot pharmacogenomic study, 200 patients were tested for 33 genetic variants that influence drug metabolism. 97% of those patients had a variant that would result in a change to their prescriptions! Look for an upcoming publication about this study in summer 2016.
- — Diane Finegood (@DTFinegood)Mon, Jun 27 2016 18:33:53
- — Stefanie Butland (@StefanieButland)Mon, Jun 27 2016 18:43:23
- — Jennifer Pougnet (@jpougnet)Mon, Jun 27 2016 21:47:15
- — Diane Finegood (@DTFinegood)Mon, Jun 27 2016 19:04:22
- — Diane Finegood (@DTFinegood)Mon, Jun 27 2016 20:43:47
- — L LeGrand Westfall (@Dre_LLW)Mon, Jun 27 2016 15:20:10#healthsummit16 Exchanges on innovation and evidence based best practices: managing data, efficiency and privacy - a great challenge !
- — Jennifer Pougnet (@jpougnet)Mon, Jun 27 2016 21:35:49
- — Jennifer Pougnet (@jpougnet)Mon, Jun 27 2016 15:58:27We need 2 learn fr failure & culture 2 support which = cross sector engmnt/collaboration & relationship w/ private indstry #healthsummit16
Personalized Medicine at the Healthcare Summit 2016
The 16th Annual Healthcare Summit - Innovation and Best-Practices - brought Canadian healthcare officials, senior policy makers, and the private sector together to discuss the ways in which government transforms the quality healthcare delivery arena to produce effective and efficient solutions.