- — Paul Donohoe (@Donohoe_P)Wed, May 25 2016 14:56:37Some men fleeing #Fallujah separated for security screening. Leaving women vulnerable & may deter others seek safety https://twitter.com/SGsword/status/735470701151408128 …
- — Georgina Sword (@SGsword)Wed, May 25 2016 14:49:453rd day operation to retake #Fallujah & 50,000 still trapped inside city. Vital civilians are protected & given a safe route of escape
Attack on displacement camp in northern Syria is a disturbing low says, the IRC
- May 6, 2016 1:56 PM EDT - In response to yesterday's attack on a camp for displaced Syrians, which left dozens of civilians dead and wounded, the International Rescue Committee Turkey's Deputy Director of Programs, Meghan Garrity said:
- "The killing of innocent people in a place where they had hoped to find safety is abhorrent. This is a disturbing new low in a war that has already shocked the world with routine attacks against hospitals, schools and bakeries. And it’s not the first such attack: The IRC is aware of seven other displacement camps that have been hit by airstrikes or indirect fire since March."
- Read our full statement here.
- — IRC Intl Rescue Comm (@theIRC)Fri, Apr 29 2016 16:59:02
- — Intnl Rescue Comm UK (@IRCuk)Fri, Apr 29 2016 16:20:54
- — David Miliband (@DMiliband)Thu, Apr 28 2016 17:55:53Thoughts and condolences with the families of those killed in Aleppo. Tragic and monstrous. Hospitals must never be targeted.
Latest waves of violence in Syria force thousands to flee; the IRC is responding
- Thousands of Syrians have fled their homes for Turkey as airstrikes intensify in Aleppo. Learn more about the IRC's work.
- — IRC Intl Rescue Comm (@theIRC)Thu, Apr 14 2016 15:34:01IRC will be responding to this new wave of displacement in Syria by providing clean water to as many of the new arrivals as possible. 3/3
- — IRC Intl Rescue Comm (@theIRC)Thu, Apr 14 2016 15:33:42More than a thousand families supported by IRC at a displacement camp in Aleppo province have also fled to Azaz and nearby villages. 2/3
- — Katie Striffolino (@katiestriff)Thu, Apr 14 2016 14:46:15New wave of displacement in Aleppo bc of new offensive along Turk border. 40% families @theIRC supported camps fled, wkg on response now.
- — IRC Intl Rescue Comm (@theIRC)Thu, Mar 17 2016 14:38:02It was our honor, @sesamestreet! Thank you for bringing joy to Syrian refugees in Zaatari camp. cc: @SesameWorkshop https://twitter.com/sesamestreet/status/710207327606075392 …
Syrian refugee crisis
The Syrian conflict is gripping the Middle East in a humanitarian disaster. The International Rescue Committee is providing support to 3 million refugees and displaced Syrians. Hear from IRC aid workers, our partners and others who are responding to and reporting on the crisis.
byInternational Rescue Committee32 Likes212,015 Views