- On Thursday, September 26, Nissan will provide local drivers with a taste of what it’s like to eliminate the cost of gas by offering free fill-ups at the Exxon fueling station at 1111 Broadway, beginning at noon. While at the station, drivers will be encouraged to calculate their potential yearly savings from going gas-free using an online tool (with help from a Nissan representative and an iPad).
- The promise of free gas has created some traffic headaches in downtown Nashville before the giveaway begins.
- — Lance Conzett (@LanceCo)Thu, Sep 26 2013 09:41:13No wonder it was so hard to get to work today. MT @Tennessean Free gas at noon at Broadway Exxon already making things interesting downtown
- — Codie (@_Abrunette_)Thu, Sep 26 2013 09:36:55Free gas at the Exxon on Broadway is INSANE! Cars are lined up to The Gulch and all the way down both side of Broadway. #nissan promotion
- — Nate Tallman (@natetallman)Thu, Sep 26 2013 09:58:04(# of people waiting for free gas on broadway * time waiting * min wage) + gas wasted idling cars = ancillary costs of dumb promotion.
- — Nathan T. Baker (@nathanTbaker)Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:06:20
- — Aaron Earls (@WardrobeDoor)Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:05:33Doesn't it defeat the purpose to run out of gas while you wait in line to get free gas ... https://twitter.com/chassisk/status/383266971820634112/photo/1?sf17662549=1 …atLogicogic
- — knight stivender (@knightstivender)Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:30:16
- — Lance Conzett (@LanceCo)Thu, Sep 26 2013 11:20:22For real, though. Avoid the Gulch at all costs. People are getting pretty edgy while waiting for their ridiculous free gas.