- The new site launched on Aug. 8 and led to much discussion within the web community and the public at large about (1) the cost to produce the new site and (2) the lack of mobile optimization.
- — JustinLarson (@JustinLarsonBMG)Mon, Aug 13 2012 22:04:03
- — Jessica Smith (@jshomesvan)Tue, Aug 14 2012 01:42:31City of Vancouver revamps website following dismal ratings by users http://www.vancouversun.com/news/City+Vancouver+revamps+website+following+dismal+ratings+users/7060595/story.html …sun.com/news/City+Vancouver+revamps+website+following+dismal+ratings+users/7060595/story.html
- — Tanya Charles (@tanyacharles11)Tue, Aug 14 2012 17:48:58What was the most expensive website ever? This must be close: $3 million for YVR website http://www.theprovince.com/news/million+rebuild+City+Vancouver+website/7059866/story.html …ce.comtheprovinceon+rebuild+City+Vancouver+website/7059866/story.html via @theprovince
- — Hush Magazine (@HUSHVancouver)Tue, Aug 14 2012 18:36:41Why the City of Vancouver website Cost $3 million http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2012/08/why-the-city-of-vancouver-website-cost-3-million/ …zzVancouver/08/whVancityBuzzof-vancouver-website-cost-3-million/ #Vancouver via @VancityBuzz
- — Kevin Quinlan (@KQ_VanCity)Tue, Aug 14 2012 19:48:51
- — Marko Pajalic (@marko_pajalic)Wed, Aug 15 2012 00:51:57Insights on the work that went into the City's new website... (@ Vancouver City Hall w/ 2 others) http://4sq.com/OhkWfF F
- At the event, we got some great context for the project--its scope, how the City and its consultants approached the huge task of reworking a 60,000-page municipal site, and the size of their staff. But they didn't immediately address what folks were there to hear: how did you spend the money and where is mobile on your roadmap?
- — Tracy Bains (@tbains)Wed, Aug 15 2012 01:17:54
- — James Riley (@thejamesriley)Wed, Aug 15 2012 01:32:18Listening to the team who redesigned the City of Vancouver website explain their strategy (@ Vancouver City Hall) http://4sq.com/Pbt7vP P
- — Tracy Bains (@tbains)Wed, Aug 15 2012 01:37:52
Changing the Face of a City
On Aug. 14, 2012, Gordon Ross of Open Road (UX research), Rahel Anne Bailie (content strategy) presented on how they approached the recent revamp of City of Vancouver's website.
byTracy Bains257 Views