- The panel, moderated by Tony Leys, a health care reporter at the Des Moines Register, featured Judith Prochaska, M.P.H., Ph.D., an associate professor of medicine at Stanford Prevention Research Center; Gregory Conley, president of the American Vaping Association; and Sonya Collins, an independent journalist based in Atlanta who has reported on e-cigarettes and vaping.
These tweets include both those of attendees at the conference as well as Twitter users who followed along with the hashtag, many of whom are vapers (those using e-cigarettes) themselves.
- The above image, by John Williams, was used via the Creative Commons license and is attributed to ecigclick.co.uk.
- — Dina Fine Maron (@Dina_Maron)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:20:06Looking forward to #ahcj15 panel updating us on the haze around e-cigarettes. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/smoke-screen-are-e-cigarettes-safe/ …
- — Tara Haelle (@tarahaelle)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:42:22
- — Tara Haelle (@tarahaelle)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:44:18
- — JAMA (@JAMA_current)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:55:30
- — Laura Beil (@LJBeil)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:47:42Prochaska: Definition: uses a bettery to heat up and deliver nicotine; come in a variety of flat ors, 466 brands. Not regulated. #ahcj15
- — Carla K. Johnson (@CarlaKJohnson)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:48:07Prochaska: What's in e-cigarettes? main ingredients: Nicotine, propylene glycol, glycerin, flavorants #ahcj15
- — Lee Adcock (@Prominence_LA)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:50:05Dr. Judith Prochaska, prof at Stanford - since e-cigs aren't regulated by FDA, they come in all sizes (ex. e-hookahs, mock inhalers) #ahcj15
- — Tara Haelle (@tarahaelle)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:48:44
- — Laura Beil (@LJBeil)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:49:49Prochaska: Who is using e-cigarette? adults wanting to quit, smokers in public places where cigs banned, former smokers, youth #ahcj15
- — Tara Haelle (@tarahaelle)Sat, Apr 25 2015 23:54:54
AHCJ15 Panel on E-Cigarettes/Vaping
Cutting through the haze of e-cigarettes, a panel discussion at the Association of Health Care Journalists 2015 conference in San Jose, California.
byTara Haelle547 Views