- — Environment Victoria (@EnviroVic)Tue, Feb 14 2017 04:44:17
- See my background storify on Monday's announcement, with responses from Victorian Energy Minister Lily D'Ambrosio and Friends of the Earth, plus other background articles.
- Here is how the protest outside the offices, organised on short notice, went down. Both electoral offices locked their doors for 'security concerns', a concern they don't appear to want to discuss on the health and climate impact of Victorians as we transition our society to low emissions.
- — John Englart EAM (@takvera)Tue, Feb 14 2017 02:56:26
- — Sally Newell (@ActOnClimate)Tue, Feb 14 2017 02:28:36Liberals decision to AXE THE #VRET makes us all the more determined to support a fast transition to 100% #renewables @SouthwickMP #springst https://twitter.com/evolvox/status/831310524000333824 …
- Shadow Minister for Renewables now Shadow minister against Renewables.
Outside David Southwick MP's electoral office.
- — Lighter Footprints (@LiteFootPrints)Tue, Feb 14 2017 04:11:48An hour "discussing""reckless" #VRET w @SouthwickMP staffer Cites $200 extra cost, say #renewables cost 10% bill, Oz emissions barely matter https://twitter.com/takvera/status/831344860875485185 …
- — Andrew McArthur (@AJMacca2410)Tue, Feb 14 2017 03:13:48Well done @AnnaSLangford in @SouthwickMP electorate stating the case for #renewables. Scrapping #VRET is bad for our future. https://twitter.com/foeaustralia/status/831307949272358912 …
Protesting Liberal party attack on #VRET
Community groups held a quickly organised protest outside the offices of Liberal Opposition Leader Matthew Guy and Shadow minister for Renewables David Southwick protesting the announcement they will scrap the Victorian renewable energy target if elected to office.
byJohn Englart EAM352 Views