- Earlier this week, I thought about going to Marymoor Park via the Burke-Gilman/Sammamish River Trail, but then my typical thought process kicked in, and it ended up being going via the I-90 trail instead.
Notably, the I-90 trail is actually shorter than the Burke-Gilman/Sammamish Trail for what I did!
- Mercer Island's portion of the trail was absolutely caked with leaves (the below photograph was nothing).
- Then the winds started blowing, which made me so cold that I had to equip fleece before my climb over Bellevue.
- Between the above and below photo, I saw yard signs of Romney supporters, which—although I wasn't too amused—made sense for the neighborhood.
When I made it to the park, I ate the food I brought and 'chilled' for a little while.
- As it was very cold (I could swear it was colder now than earlier in my ride), I double-layered with fleece and Gore-Tex for the return trip.
Then I started on my way via the Sammamish River Trail, which was embarrassingly easy. Top-gear cruising almost the whole way!
- After calling my mother, my father said he'd like to meet me at The Lyons' Den in Bothell.
- The rest of the trip was fairly quick, and I cruised in a high gear for much of the way again.
Had to stop for groceries, though.
- And then I hit home.