- As my friends know very well, my previous try of this loop didn't end so well.
- I wouldn't let that keep me down, though, so after my recovery I worked back up to attempt it again.
Unlike last time, however, I brought plenty of food to keep me going.
- I started at around 05:00 this morning and headed out a path through downtown rather than through Montlake. I went over Capitol/First Hill rather than around it. Not wanting to make the same mistake as last time, I stopped near Rainier Beach to eat.
- I then went through the airport and north from Renton to Bellevue where I stopped for a doughnut and a small beverage to warm up.
- While I rode through the area where I fell last time, I didn't even see anything that would've caused me to crash. I really wonder what was going through my head then.
- I found Finn Hill to be a long slog. It wasn't particularly difficult other than the duration of the climb.
Rain started to fall as I went from Kirkland to Kenmore, and it got really bad. Even when I got to Lake City it was still drizzling a little.
- The food really made a difference, as I got multiple 'winds' after each food break and didn't feel as worn down as I had in the past. Even so…
- I hit my local Fred Meyer for some groceries and some Almond Roca.
- And that was it with my most recent near-sixty-mile ride.