Day One: To Oak Harbor
- I started at about 05:00. Before leaving, I saw something that could've been either fog or rain over Lake Union, but it just remained a curiosity as I wasn't covered with water upon arrival. A cyclist who said he'd come from across Lake Washington said he wasn't so lucky: his rain gear was covered in water from the thick mist over there.
- Apparently this casino can't afford advertisers who know proper grammar.
- Both in Ballard and around Poulsbo, I saw lots of cars hauling boats on trailers. I didn't think it made much sense at the time, as it was still overcast and a tad hazy.
- My route, like last weekend's, took me up Big Valley Road.
- As I approached Hood Canal, I saw a number of people with bikes on their cars.
- I also saw something from last weekend.
- I saw a number of cyclists with bib numbers riding across the bridge in my direction. They appear to have come from the direction of Port Gamble.
- I heard this strange whirring noise as I was climbing the hill up from the bridge, and the climb was oddly difficult. I stopped and found this: