- And so my ride started. The first "checkpoint" was just across the West Seattle Bridge (shown in the second image below), since I was blazing a new trail in my experiences.
From the start, there was a light drizzle, but it was more refreshing than annoying or uncomfortable.
- After getting of West Marginal, I went along a trail that was pretty much along a railroad right-of-way.
- There was a boat skeleton nearby when I took the above photo as well.
- South Park (the one in Seattle!) was sort of the next checkpoint.
- I actually knew it was South Park because of the bridge being replaced.
- A while later, the Duwamish Waterway became the Green River, which is a popular fishing spot apparently.
- The trail also passes beneath the currently only line of Sound Transit's Link light rail.
- Around this time, the drizzle became worse and I put on my Gore-Tex jacket, which I had ordered and received earlier in the week.
I stopped and ate a small meal beneath the bridge here. Looking ahead:
- Looking back:
- A short while after I resumed, I crossed a small river that I had never even heard of.