- It all started with this.
- — Sara E. Mayhew (@saramayhew)Fri, Nov 01 2013 03:45:03
- Then a "skeptic" showed up. This is why you don't use people's Twitter handles when they've had you blocked for a year. Other people show up and demand that you don't ignore that person.
- — Tim Fletcher (@Funkmon)Fri, Nov 01 2013 03:57:26
- Technically "gossip" is social intelligence, but don't take my word for it. Look it up on Google Scholar or something. But I didn't figure that was what he meant.
- — Tim Fletcher (@Funkmon)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:19:57@szvan Spreading rumors, and chatting about them without supplying much more than speculation. I just don't know where the skepticism went.
- Oh, he meant unconfirmed information. That was funny, given that I supplied three pieces of confirmation in the post.
- — Tim Fletcher (@Funkmon)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:37:09@szvan As skeptics say often, the plural of anecdote isn't data. But, I meant subject matter, not its application, though it's lacking here.
- The answer is neither, "yes", nor, "no". It's apparently, "There's something wrong with you."
- — Tim Fletcher (@Funkmon)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:42:29@szvan I think you're trying to be needlessly antagonistic here. I'm just saying that ain't nobody got enough evidence to pass judgment yet.
- — Tim Fletcher (@Funkmon)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:43:37@szvan Furthermore, the traditional subject matter of skepticism is what I was referring to. Fringe topics with the application of science.
- — Tim Fletcher (@Funkmon)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:47:38@szvan Now I think you're being deliberately obtuse. I feel like we can't converse productively right now. Continue later in better medium?
- — Stephanie Zvan (@szvan)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:50:23@Funkmon I'm not "being obtuse". I guest lecture on religious skepticism, including the origins, and no org pays me to limit my topics.
- — Stephanie Zvan (@szvan)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:51:03@Funkmon You're the one who wandered in out of nowhere to try to tell me what to blog and stopped answering questions about his assertions.
- — Tim Fletcher (@Funkmon)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:53:26@szvan Unfortunately, I was mentioned in your blog because I asked a question publicly. It's not a discussion anymore, I'm done right now.
- Actually, it stopped being a discussion about the time he decided he knew my mental state because I asked him to clarify his position.
A little conversation about what is and isn't "skeptic".
byszvan1 Like8,776 Views