- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Mon, Feb 10 2014 23:34:54@McCormCorp I am being detained. I am going to be deemed inadmissable. But first they’re making me wait, and going through all my stuff.
- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Tue, Feb 11 2014 01:00:46In addition to being merely inconvenient, this is a humiliating experience that makes me feel like a criminal. Very dark thoughts ATM.
- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Tue, Feb 11 2014 01:36:58For those asking - I overstayed my student visa last time I was here. Which is why I came today with a non-refundable return flight (1/2)
- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Tue, Feb 11 2014 01:38:17and the lease for my place in the UK. I wanted to be here for three weeks to see g/f, cars, friends, and pick up things I left behind.
- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Tue, Feb 11 2014 02:05:21This is a very large immigration waiting/processing room. Others have come and gone. I have lasted longest. In many ways, I am a queen.
- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Tue, Feb 11 2014 04:11:52My case is being referred to a hearing. I am being taken to an immigration detention centre. Just been read rights. In washroom crying.
- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Tue, Feb 11 2014 04:42:57Honestly surprised they haven’t stopped me tweeting. Still in the airport, where there is free wifi. Typing in full view. Credit to them?
- — Avery Edison (@aedison)Tue, Feb 11 2014 04:53:04Apparently a “wet cell” is one with toilet and sink. The luxury! Finally something good about being a potential target for sex attacks.
UPDATED: Avery Edison Detained at Toronto's Pearson Airport
British comedian Avery Edison (@aedison) was detained by Immigration officials at Pearson Airport last night. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have any idea what to do with trans people. Begin horribleness. UPDATED: Added details from Avery's girlfriend. Horribleness continues.
byJason Sweeney4 Likes125,982 Views