Live-tweeted and Instagrammed cochlear implant (hearing restoration) surgery on October 2, 2012
@Swedish in Seattle, WA was inspired to create more resources for people with hearing loss after learning how few people know that cochlear implants are available, according to our surgeon. See the live-tweeted and Instagrammed cochlear implant surgery, plus additional resources from the web series:
- This is the inspiration behind #SwedishHear:
- A few different tweets, articles, and features prior to the live-tweeted and Instagrammed surgery:
- We arrived early on Tuesday, October 2 at our Swedish Cherry Hill campus to scrub up and follow Mrs. Day throughout the process, beginning at 5:30 a.m. (PT):
- Warning: some of the following images may be graphic. Viewer discretion advised.
- Thank you to everyone who joined us for the live-tweeted and Instagrammed surgery today!
We hope you'll join us next Wednesday on October 10, 2012 at 10am PT or 6pm PT for a live text chat to ask questions about hearing loss and cochlear implants to Dr. Backous, Stacey Watson (one of Swedish's audiologists), patients who have had cochlear implants, and others.
To participate in the live chat on October 10, visit this page (swedish.org/swedishhear):
- Here are some of the videos from the entire cochlear implant and hearing loss series:
- Here are some additional blog posts and resources on cochlear implants and hearing loss:
- If you have other questions about hearing loss or cochlear implants, join us on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at swedish.org/swedishhear at 10am or 6pm PT to ask our audiologists, surgeon, or patients. If you see this after the fact, you can tweet us @Swedish and we'll do our best to get your question answered or connect you to the best resource for more information!